Monday, June 7, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Today was Kelli's first day of swimming lessons. I guess it went ok. I thought she would do better because she loves to swim. There were only 3 other kids in her class. Anyway, the teacher took the kids over to the edge of the pool and had them sit there with their feet in the water. She talked to them for a little bit and then had them get in. Kelli would not stay in the water. She kept getting out and sat there watching the other kids. Then she would get back in. She kept getting in and out. Sometimes she would just sit there with a pout on her face. She did try a little bit with the teacher, so I guess that's better then nothing. Finally when class was almost over, she broke down and start crying. I kept thinking the whole time that it is good she isn't crying, until she started to cry. I guess crying at the end is better that crying the whole time. When we got in the car to head home, Kelli kept saying in amongst the tears, "I will never swim, " and "My legs are too short." I am just hoping that the next 2 weeks will get better and that she will want to learn how to swim. Wish me luck.

I took a couple of pictures when class started. I thought she looked so cute in her little swim suit and goggles.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the next couple weeks go better too! Funny story about the makeup. :)

    ReplyDelete