Friday, June 1, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Our Memorial Day weekend was quite the adventure.  We decided to go camping up the mountains.  My husband couldn't leave until after work, so I decided to leave earlier, and hook up with my parents and get camp set up.  I packed up all the camping gear, loaded the kids in the jeep and headed to go see my parents.  We bought grocery food, and got everything organized so we could head up the mountains.

We found a great camping spot and set up camp.  I would have to say that this year is the greenest Memorial Day weekend.  Here is our sweet camping spot.

Friday was a great day up the mountains.  On Saturday, it got cold.  We decided to go fishing.  The wind blew and it snowed on us.  Carson was not a happy camper.  Kelli did great though.  These were just some random pictures while we were fishing.





Saturday evening we went to another fishing spot.  It started to clear a little more by afternoon, but it was still cold.





Sunday, we went to church and then decided that Carson had had enough.  So we came up the mountain after church and took down camp.  Maybe next year Carson will enjoy it better.  I think he is at a tough age for camping.  He didn't sleep well, or eat well while we were camping.  Poor guy.  But other than that, it was still a fun trip and great to hang out with my parents before they head on their mission.





No comments:

Post a Comment