Friday, November 6, 2009

Project

I had a project that I was working on over the past month. I got 2 night stands from Chris' grandparents. They got them from a friend and they didn't want them anymore, so they were kind to let us have them. I had a great idea. I thought that I should strip off all the paint and repaint them. Sometimes it's fun to have a big project to work on. I wish I had a before picture. They were a cream color and the metal between the drawers was gold. They also did not have any handles on them. They were quite the piece of work. They had a veneer on the top that was difficult to get off. After many hours of sanding, I primed, then painted, which also took several hours as well. After the paint was dry, Chris and I added the handles. Thanks to my dad for his expertise in paint. His advice was sure helpful. And here is the finished product.


And here is how it looks all together.

8 comments:

  1. Geesh! That is awesome. I wish I had the patience to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those kinds of projects. Find something old (and usually free) and make it awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have been itching for a project! Since we are moving soon (cross your fingers) I have been holding off. The night stands look great! Beautifully done Ash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I could never pull something like that off. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I love you are on here. Email me your address. I would like to invite you to my blogg. It is privat. www.kgriff2536@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete