Monday, August 3, 2009

Trip to Texas

We had the opportunity to go to Houston, Texas. Chris' parents, Kory and Darlene just moved there and invited us to come out. We flew out on the 24th and loved every minute there. The day after we got there, we went to cirque du soleil. For those of you who have never heard of that, it is kind of like the circus, but with acrobat stuff. It was amazing. Cameras are not allowed, so unfortunately I was unable to take any pictures. I couldn't believe some of the things they would do, like catching each other with their feet and doing flips from one pole to another and balancing on top of each other. It is hard to believe that a human being can do such things.

We also spent a lot of time in Kory and Darlene's pool. We played in the pool almost every day, especially because Kelli loves to swim.


Kory took us fishing. We went out into the Gulf. It was such a beautiful day. We saw some dolphins, and some sharks swimming around on the surface of the water. We also saw a big sea turtle that came up to the surface. We caught several fish, like a King Mackerel and a bunch of sea trout. Chris had a huge fish on his line, but it broke it off. Here is a picture of Chris hanging out in the back of the boat.I think we had a King Mackerel on the line right here. I think this one got off the line right when we got it to the boat, so I didn't get a picture of it.


Chris caught a shark in this picture. It isn't super big, but it's a shark.


On another day, Kory and Darlene took us boating. There is a lake not too far from where they live, so we drove to that lake and had some fun. Here is a picture of Kelli in the boat. She really liked riding in the boat.



We got to do some water skiing, slalem, wake boarding and tubing.

Chris water skiing.


Here is a picture of Chris, Kelli and me on the tube. Kelli kept saying that she wanted to ski, so this was the best thing we could do for her. As soon as we were out in the water on the tube, she started to whine and wanted to get back in the boat.


On the day before we left, we went to the zoo. The Houston Zoo is a nice zoo. The day was very hot and humid. We were practically wet by the time we left. Here is a picture of Kelli and her daddy at the zoo.


Just the guys.



This next picture was kind of cool because the tube that Kelli and Matthew are in goes through an aquarium.


I just love clown fish. Kelli loved this too, because it's Nemo and Dori.


Here is Kelli with her grandma and grandpa Judd. The giraffes were right next to the window. They are a lot bigger than I thought.


Here is Kelli and me in front of a baby elephant.


Kelli asked me to take a picture of her in front of the iguana, I believe.


We also did some other things like hang out at the mall, went out to eat, went to the Harry Potter movie and relaxed. Thanks Kory and Darlene for such a fun trip. We sure enjoyed it!

9 comments:

  1. wow! looks like you guys had a blast! what a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun vacation that was for you! I especially like the pictures of you skiing. You haven't lost your touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute one of you and Kelli at the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm jealous. For some reason I so want to move to Texas. Looks like you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. And you're a good little skier! I'm so excited to move back and get to see you guys more often! I'll let you know when I know more details about it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my heck. I am so jealous...we were supposed to be in Texas this last weekend, for the Red Sox series...but ran out of money, so no trip...bummer! No, really, I'm glad you had so much fun, and I am loving your short hair...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Jared and I have been watching Shark week! Yikes! I can't believe Chris caught one! By the way, I still can't ski! (either kind!) And the zoo looks so fun! I just love seeing lots of animals, especially baby ones! The first Harry Potter that Jared and I saw was the most recent one and well, we both were really entertained! So, we got all the Harry Potter movies (1-5) and watched them all! It was a great time! I sure do love being married to Jared! Ash, it has been SO long since I've seen you! Next time Jared and I skip on up to Salt Lake, I will be sure to call you and maybe we could stop by and see your new home! Well, take care! :)

    ReplyDelete