Monday, August 17, 2009

Hiking Day

On last Thursday, I decided to go on a little hike. I practically live in the mountains, and there are a lot of trails around here. I put Kelli in the kid carrying pack, packed some food and water, and headed off over the hills. We hiked for a ways, and climbed the top of a hill. Once we got to the top, the scenery was spectacular. I could see the Salt Lake Valley and Utah Valley from where I was standing along with the huge mountains surrounding us. The skies were also gorgeous with all the big, puffy clouds. Here are some pictures of our little adventure.

Here is a picture of Kelli and me with the mountains behind us.


Here is a picture of Kelli and me with Utah Valley behind us.



Mount Timpanogos in the background.


Utah Valley.


The Salt Lake Valley.


Once we got to the top of the hill, we sat down together and ate our lunch which consisted of cold pizza, grapes and applesauce. It was quite good. Food always tastes better when your hiking or camping.

Here are just a few other pictures.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Those views are amazing! I really like to go hiking! I think that the Subway hike has been my favorite so far. I can't believe you carried Kelli in that kiddi pack! You are obviously in GREAT shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will join you soon and together we will conquer the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the close up of you and Kelli! What a cute photo. Looks like you guys are loving life...how fun to be able to go and hike in the mountains like that. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heck! Kelli is SO big!!! She was just a little newborn last time I saw her! Holy cow! It was so great to get your email... I'll write back soon. My blog is www.dontblink18.blogspot.com. Can't wait to catch up on everything. :)

    ReplyDelete