Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ghosts

So last night was quite the night trying to get Kelli ready for bed. It took Chris and me over an hour to get her to sleep because there was a ghost in her drawers. Kelli was very upset and crying about it. She really believed there was a ghost in her drawer. We tried everything we could think of to acting out a puppet show with her stuffed animals telling her that they needed her to help them to get to sleep, to getting out a picture of Jesus, to telling Kelli that it is just her and Jesus and that Jesus is here to make her feel better, to singing primary songs, to saying a prayer, to having Kelli check out her drawers to see if there was a ghost, to have her growl at the ghost, to turning a night light on, to just telling her that there are no ghosts, to pretending that the ghost's name was George and saying to George, "get out of here." Finally, I just didn't know what to do anymore. Kelli just kept saying that there was a ghost in her drawer, so I finally decided that I was going to take Kelli's drawers out of her room. That made her even more upset and she told me that she would go to sleep. And she finally did. I have no idea where she got the ghost thing from. Do any of you have suggestions on what to do to get your kids to not be scared at night, just in case the "taking the drawers out of Kelli's room idea" doesn't work next time?

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy! You guys tried everything! I really don't have any suggestions but I wish you luck! She must just be nervous about the new home or something. I can't wait for you to post pictures of your new town home. Searching for a new home can be exciting and really frustrating at the same time! We're still looking! I'm so exciting for you and I'm glad you love your new home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You guys have had a busy month! We really do need to go climbing before the weather turns bad. Ugh. Can you believe that it is almost august? I hope you are having fun in Texas! That is crazy about Kelli and the ghost! I hope that she figures out that george is a nice ghost. Congrats on your home again and I can't wait to see pictuers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was blog stalking through Stephanie's blog and ran across yours. I hope you don't mind me stopping in. Kelli is getting soooo big, and is sooo cute.

    Oh, incase you were wondering, I am Christopher's cousin on the Butler side. Hehe

    ReplyDelete