Thursday, October 22, 2009

More Deer Hunting

It has been a while since I last posted. I don't have any excuses. It seems like we have been going going going every day, so it's not like I don't have any thing to post about. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures for this post.

Last weekend as some of you know, was the rifle deer hunt. Chris is a dedicated hunter and I got a tag, so we both got to hunt. Chris' dad and brother flew out to Utah to hunt with us as well. We got to hunt up 12 mile canyon where I grew up. Chris, his dad, and brother took off on Friday to find a camp spot and to get ready for the opening day. I stayed behind so I could teach my yoga and spinning classes. Chris' mom also came, so I got to spend some time with her. We got to go shopping with her and Chris' sister which was so much fun.

On Saturday, I got up and taught my classes. I left Kelli with my mother-in-law and drove down to Gunnison. My brother Wade, invited me to stop off for some rock climbing in Maple Canyon. So I met him and his family at Maple Canyon and we got to do some rock climbing. It was so much fun. I haven't rock climbed in such a long time, especially with my brother. He and I used to rock climb a lot together.

After we were done rock climbing, we stopped off at the famous Fat Jacks in Ephraim and ate some pizza and cheese sticks. It now has a different name, but it will always be known as Fat Jacks.

Saturday night, I spent some time with my mom. We bought some ice cream and watched a chick flick. That was a blast.

The next morning, on Sunday, Chris and his dad and brother came down the mountain for church. After church, I took off with them and headed up the mountain. We got to hunt on Monday and Tuesday. My dad also hunted with us. It was so much fun. We stayed in a warm camp trailer and ate wonderful food. None of us got a deer, but it was still a lot of fun. I especially enjoyed hiking off through the trees by myself. The mountains are so peaceful.

So this is what we have been doing lately. If we weren't deer hunting, we were getting ready for the deer hunt. Thanks to Chris' parents and my parents for all the help and good times.

6 comments:

  1. You are so cool! Rock climbing, hiking, hunting, camping, yoga, spinning... and you have an active little girl. Just thinking about all that makes me tired! When I grow up I want to be more like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are the only chic I know who hunt like a stallion. You rock! Aaron and I went to Maple Canyon last year... it was really pretty! Someone told us we could see the Manti Temple from the top but we never saw that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you teach your classes at? I might just have to sign up. I forgot that you rock climb. We're going to california to climb in a few week but my husband goes all the time in little cottonwood- maybe we'll all have to go together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post - deer hunting pictures ..Keep Posting


    Ron
    deer hunting pictures

    ReplyDelete