Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

For Family Home Evening last night, we carved pumpkins. I bought 2 pumpkins at the grocery store and brought them home. At first, Kelli was really interested in what was going on. She has never seen or participated in pumpkin carving.


Then after a while, of her dropping pumpkin tops on the floor, making big messes, and Chris and I getting after her, she decided it wasn't fun anymore, so she watched Dora on her little DVD player right by us.

Chris and I went to work carving the faces while Kelli watched Dora. When we finished, Kelli was all of the sudden interested and totally amazed at what we did. Here is the finishing touch.



Oooooooooo! Spooooky!

Kelli thought this was the coolest thing. She was very excited about it.



Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I carved a pumpkin tonight with my friends and I will just tell you that mine looked nothing like yours! Your pumpkins turned out great! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a huge smile in teh bottom pic. so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete