Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Last Thursday was our anniversary! Chris and I have been married for 4 years! For Christmas last year, my parents gave us a certificate to stay at the Zermatt in Midway, which we could use anytime throughout the year. After I taught my classes on Saturday morning, my parents came up to watch Kelli so Chris and I could take off. We ate at the Olive Garden for lunch, then we drove up to Park City and spent some time in the outlet stores. Then we drove to the Zermatt and checked in. After that, we drove over to the Provo river, got on our awesome looking waders and fly fished. It was so much fun. I sure love to fly fish. It was a bummer that we didn't catch anything, which is unusual, because at least Chris can catch a fish. I had a strike, but that was about it. If anything, it is the best to just be in the outdoors. It is so relaxing. I just love to be in the outdoors. If there was ever a crisis, I probably wouldn't mind it, because I could just camp every day, and fly fish and hike around. Maybe it wouldn't be that great if something like that happened, but it is just fun to get away and recreate. I packed my camera to take some pictures, but I ended up leaving it in our hotel room, so I didn't get any pictures taken. Thanks mom and dad for the certificate and watching Kelli. We sure appreciated it.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I cannot believe it has been 4 years! That was (in my opinion) the best way to spend an Anniversary! I really want Jared to take me to the Grand Canyon for our 1st Anniversary! I've never been and we live pretty close and i've always wanted to go. Good luck this weekend with moving and all that jazz! Love ya doll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really been four years? Crazy! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys...so don't know why...but haven't checked blogs for a while...and just realized I don't even think I knew you had one...sorry...bad friend! But you know that's not the only way I'm a bad friend...haven't seen you in forever...Chris has heard me though, I'm sure, complaining about the xbox late at night...ha! I'm jealous of your getaway, it sounds blissful to me!!! Happy 4th guys (Anniversary, and yesterday...he he he!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats you two! Sounds like a blast. I think if there is a disaster we should get together and just do some climbing while we are at it. Camping, climbing, fishing, etc. can't beat the great outdoors. And way to go on Kelli being potty trained.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wade and I want to see pics of your new place. Put some on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete