Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chewy Oatmeal Fudge Bars

I promised a lot of people that I would get this recipe up on my blog from Kortney's baby shower. I apologize that it has taken me so long.

Oatmeal Mixture
Cream together: 1 cup margarine, 2 eggs, 2 cups brown sugar, 2 tsp vanilla. Set aside.
Mix 2 and 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp baking soda....then add to the above mixture and then add 3 cups oatmeal.

Chocolate Mixture
1 package 12 oz chocolate chips, 1 cup sweetened condensed milk, 2 T margarine, and 1/2 tsp salt. Melt in microwave and stir until well blended. Then add 2 tsp vanilla and 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts.( You can add the nuts if you want. I didn't add them when I made it)

Spread 2/3 oatmeal mixture in greased cookie sheet. (helps if your hands are greased because the oatmeal mixture sticks to them)

Cover with the chocolate mixture.

Dot spoon rest of oatmeal mixture on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Enjoy!


1 comment: