Wednesday, March 7, 2012

February Fun

The month of February was a blast. We got to spend 2 weekends in a row at my mother and father-in-law's cabin. Over President's weekend we hung out at the cabin with Chris' family and celebrated his dad's birthday. Kelli and Nana playing an intense game of go fish. Kelli loved this game and after she and her Nana were finished, Kelli insisted on having every one else play a game with her.


Saturday we spent the day taking turns snow mobiling and then we finished off the day taking the kids tubing. Kelli and Carson on the tube. Carson loved it!



Kelli with her cousin Porter.



Such a fun weekend, then we got to do it all over again the next weekend with my side of the family.
We spent Saturday skiing at Deer Valley. The rest of the weekend, took the kids tubing, the adults went snowmobiling except my mom and dad. They were willing
to let all their kids and spouses go snowmobiling while they watched all their grandchildren. All 13 of them might I add.

Carson in the snow.


Kelli in the snow.




One of the times Carson and I went down the hill, my keys and his binkie fell out of my pocket. I was an idiot for not zipping it up. After a bunch of us went down the hill, I realized that my keys and Carson's binkie were missing. We all looked everywhere digging through the snow. I thought for sure they were gone until spring. Amazingly, we dug in the right spot and found them. One of the best days of my life!

I just love this picture of Carson with his daddy.


Oh, and we can't forget the cool snow fort that uncle Greg built.


Me and Chris.


Me, Chris, all my brother, and their spouses. Don't we look awesome!


Thanks Kory and Darlene for letting my side of the family use your cabin, snowmobiles, and etc. Also thanks for always inviting us to spend time with you at your cabin when you come to Utah and for the fun weekend in February.

Thanks mom and dad for letting us go skiing and planning this trip every year. It was such a blast.

I am sad to say that this year was the last year we can have a family ski trip with my parents for 3 more years to come. They got called to be mission presidents for the Rapid City, South Dakota mission. I am sure excited for them and I know they will do an awesome job, but sad that they will be gone for so long.



3 comments:

  1. I hope you get to go visit your parents... how dang cool! SUCH A FUN TRIP YOU POSTED ABOUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Kelli looks so grown up in that first picture. I can't believe how fast they grow. That's so exciting about your parents' mission call. The good news is that they're not going TOO far away so I'm sure you'll be able to visit them a couple times. But I feel your pain with not being able to see them whenever you want. And to answer your comment on my blog, YES! Let's go out again. I'm all about Arctic Circle. We should just do that again. Same place! Email me and let me know what day works best for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun month you had! I agree with Lindsay, Kelli is looking so grown up these days. I had to do a double take on that first picture to make myself believe that really was her! Your parents are awesome. They will be great in the mission field. You and your siblings are amazing and will be a great support for them. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete