Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What a day!

Friday morning of last week was quite the day. Our dog Millie got spayed 2 days before on Wednesday. We woke up Friday morning and I went downstairs to let Millie outside. I could smell a horrible smell coming up the stairs. I thought "oh no!" I went to Millie's kennel and she had diarrhea and vomit all over in her kennel. Not to mention that it was all over the cone she has to wear to keep her from messing with her incision. (Well, Carson wakes up early so of course he was with me. He also likes to eat shortly after waking up.) I had to put Carson down so I could get Millie outside and clean her kennel. All while I was cleaning Millie's kennel, I was dry heaving. I can't stand dog poop smell. Carson was also screaming because he wanted me or wanted to eat. Then I went outside to clean Millie off. Well, her cone was covered in dog poop and vomit. I had to get my hands in it to get it off of her so I could clean it off. I finally got it cleaned off. Then I had to sponge bathe Millie's paws off because she had stepped in it. Keep in mind that I couldn't bath her otherwise I would have done that right off. Finally, amongst all the dry heaving and screaming from Carson, I got it all cleaned up. I lit a candle and sprayed my house with febreeze because my house reeked.

Shortly after that, Kelli wakes up and wants to eat. So I start to get her food ready. While I was getting Kelli's food ready, Millie goes to the door. She does that when she needs to relieve herself. So I stopped what I was doing and took Millie outside. Meanwhile, Kelli opens the door and Carson goes outside. It is freezing cold and Carson is running outside in his pajamas and into the street. At the same time, Millie is going diarrhea again. When Millie is finished, I run over to get Carson. Then at the same time, another dog is outside and Millie is going crazy. I have her on a leash and she is pulling me and wrapping around me while I am trying to pick up Carson. Finally I manage to get everyone inside. Once I get inside, Kelli starts crying and wondering why I haven't got her food yet. That pushed me over the edge. I just lost it right then and I yelled and said, "What do you think I have been trying to do this morning?" Then I yelled, " I am fed up with you! I am fed up with Carson! And I am fed up with Millie!" Then I left everyone and went up the stairs to cool off. After a few minutes, I went back downstairs, apologized to Kelli and finished getting her food. Talk about a morning. That morning pretty much topped them all. I probably sound like a horrible mom for yelling at my kids.

Anyway, a couple of days later, I had to take Millie to the Vet again, because some lumps were forming around her incision. The Vet told me that one of her stitches had ripped and her intestines were poking though hence the lumps around her incision. Then it turned out later that it was an allergic reaction instead which caused swelling and blood pooling around her incision. Good thing it wasn't as bad, but it gave me an understanding for all the diarrhea she had the past couple of days. How awful. Now things are going better with Millie and hopefully she will get better.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you survived. That was definitely a hard morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like the worst morning ever. i think i would have paid someone to come clean the dog. i am dry heaving thinking about you having to clean it.
    i hope you don't have a morning like that for a LONNNNNNNNG time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that IS quite the morning. We all lose it sometimes! You did remember to go cool off, though. :) Glad that morning's over with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That my friend is what we like to call "keeping it real." And it means you're human. You're a great mom but we all have our limits. I think you handled it better than most! I'm glad Millie is doing better and hopefully you don't have any more days like that for a loooooong time. :) And PS- I love to read stories like this. That probably sounds horrible but I like to read the ups and downs in people's lives and it seems to me like everyone just posts the ups and never the downs.... if that didn't make sense, ignore me. I sometimes speak another language. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with Lindsay. What a rough and chaotic morning!!! I would have freaked out way before you did and i would have thrown up too! I am not a fan of some people's "perfect life" blogs...they just depress me because it makes me think that my life seems so mediocre compared to theirs. So thank you for having a "real" blog! I love you and miss you! I'll be in G town for christmas so if you are there let me know so i can see you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete