Monday, April 26, 2010

Sewing and Shopping

At the beginning of last week, Chris had to go to Florida on a business trip. He stayed in Florida all week, so my mom came up and stayed with me. It was a blast. We went shopping and entire day and spent a whole day sewing, we ate out, we got ice cream, we watched movies(one was New Moon), and made our favorite casserole dish with our favorite jello salad. It was a blast.

One of the things we started sewing was burp cloths for my baby boy. They are quite fun to make and they are very easy. Here is a picture of them. We made 2 of each.


Chris' grandma is also making a baby quilt for his crib. She gave me some scraps and I turned it into a decorative pillow for the crib (trust me, I know you shouldn't have pillows by babies. It's just for decoration). Here is a picture. Also, my mom and I started making a brown dust ruffle to match the quilt.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! I am glad you got to spend so much time together. How is the pregnancy going? Hope you are well. We hope to see you and Chris and family in December if you guys are around. Long ways away I know. :)How was New Moon? Tawnya and I still haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I just love your mom! That would be a perfect week! And I bet Kelly was just loving having her Grandma there so much! Those burp cloths are so cute! I am way excited you are having a boy! I hope I am just as cute as you are at 25 weeks along! How are the yoga classes going? I haven't been able to find any at our gym that are specifically for pregnant ladies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sounds like such a fun week together. You guys are so crafty. I would have been all about the eating out, ice cream and movies... not so much the sewing but the finished products were so cute. We need to get together again. I loved seeing you and your mom a few weeks ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute projects. I love the fabrics! My sewing machine has been broken and I need to get it fixed pronto! Sounds like a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the burp cloths! Can't wait to see more of Baby Boy's room and stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, we did toes, too!!! It was definately a BLAST. I had so much fun. Thanks for hangin out with your mom.

    ReplyDelete