Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Impact FHE Can Have On Children

On Monday night, we sat down together as a family and had family home evening. Kelli loves family home evening. We have a picture book of all the famous gospel paintings. This is how we have family home evening with Kelli. Right now we have been going through the Book of Mormon pictures. We were on the picture of Samuel the Lamanite. (You know the one of him on the tower and the Nephites were shooting arrows at him.) Well, we were telling Kelli the story of Samuel the Lamanite. After we were finished, Kelli wanted to say the prayer. In her prayer, she said, "please bless that no bad guys will come and shoot us." It's amazing how little things like a simple story can have such an impact on little kids.

2 comments:

  1. First, I don't even think I have congratulated you yet! I hope things are still going well for you. I am always trying to comment on your blog, but most of the time for some reason it does not let me. So I have a stored up list of comments from your last few posts!
    1. How fun is it that so many of us are pregnant at the same time! I love it cause I have so many awesome women to talk to.
    2. How exciting to be getting a boy! Now you will have one of each.
    3. I need to come and take "mother" lessons from you. In almost every one of your posts I think, "Kelli is lucky to have such a great mother."
    4. I wish I lived closer to you so I could come to your pregnancy pilates (or is it yoga?) classes. They sound like so much fun.

    I told you it was a list! Congratulations again and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete