Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Jean Quilt

Some of you may know that I started this project a long time ago. Probably a little less than a year ago. I got all of the jeans cut out and sewed it all together pretty fast. When it came time to find flannel, that was when the quilt got put on hold. It was just too expensive to buy flannel at the time. Plus if there was something on sale, it was cheap flannel that didn't even look like it could be something to put on a jean quilt. Finally, a couple of weeks ago, I got some flannel and batting and put it all together.

Chris' grandma helped me out a ton. Last Saturday, we got out her quilting frames, put the quilt on and got the whole thing tied in one day. I spent yesterday and today adding on the binding and sewing the quilt together. I am so glad it is done. It has been something I have wanted to do for a long time. Now I have a nice camping/mountain or picnic quilt that will hopefully last a long time. Thanks again Joan for all your help.

Here are a few pictures. Kelli wanted to get in some of them too.


I even took a little nap today, to try out the warmth and comfort of it, and I definitely was not disappointed. The flannel is the softest flannel I have ever felt and it was sure warm.

8 comments:

  1. Ash that turned out awesome! I'm glad you finally got to finish it! You must have put in soooo much work. :) We need to play soon. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is PERFECT! Every single one of your seams lines up perfectly! It looks so professional. The edges are great too. Way to get it done... I think it is important for some projects to take forever! :) I hope you have some fun family movies cuddled up in it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlee, It looks beautiful! That's a great accomplishment and you should feel proud. Just think, your very first quilt and you made it yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talent! It looks amazing! And I love that first picture with Kelli. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a top sewn and it needs to be tied. Want to finish it for me? Sad to say I started mine 5 years ago for my first son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! I love love love it!! Now your gonna have to make me one...looks yummy and cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley, it looks great! you are very talented.
    I can't believe how big kelly is. She is beautiful!
    this is Corie DePola by the way! miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete