Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

It's too bad that the weather was so nice for several weeks, then it gets rainy for Memorial Day weekend. Chris and I got together with his siblings and we went down to Gunnison so we could go camp up 12 mile. We invited my parents along with us. My dad helped us find a nice camp spot away from all the other campers and 4 wheelers. It was a great spot. We got to our camp spot Friday afternoon. It was raining when we set up camp and it continued to rain basically the whole time we were there. Despite the rain, Kelli loved being in the mountains.

She also loves her daddy.

And of course her grandpa.


We did get to do a little fishing. We hiked a little ways to a secluded pond that has some nice fish in it. Here is a bunch of us hanging out at the fishing pond.


Here is a picture of the pond behind Kelli and me. It's small, but is a fun place.


And now, here are the fish. Kelli loves it when someone catches a fish. Here is a picture of Kelli and her grandpa with his fish.

Here are some pictures of Kelli's daddy catching his fish.


Well, it was fun to get away from every day life and go camping. It would have been a better camping trip if it didn't rain on us the whole time. But we still had a good time. I'm sure glad that we had our spring bar tents. They are the best tents ever. Thanks mom and dad for helping us out. It was fun to have you along.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Ash! We were in Gunnison too! Sandz and Jared set up camp at South Hallow with lots of their friends from salt lake and it was so so muddy there too! I love all the pictures you posted. I can't believe how big Kelli is getting! Living in St George in the summer time is not so fun cause it is REALLY warm and we get mountain fever so bad and just want to be home every chance we get! I still absolutely adore your hair style! So so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we missed you guys last weekend, we would of loved to spend a little time with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to seem random... I was on a friend's blog and clicked on the link to yours thinking you were a different Ashlee...

    Anyway, you weren't who I thought you were, but you didn't by chance go to an EFY at BYU-Idaho, did you? You look just like an Ashlee Anderson I met from Gunnison.

    Ha! I know I sound crazy! Feel free to ignore the ramblings of this crazy person if you have no idea what I am talking about, or don't remember a Serenity Allen...

    Anyway, cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is so crazy! I am in Boise Idaho now. Kind of a random spot to end up, but we like it here. I was on Whitney (Painter) Foster's blog. We went to high school together. How do you know her? Well I'm glad we caught up with eachother! Your little Kelli sure is a doll. AND I love your hair cut! I'm happy to keep in touch :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually we aren't planning on living in Boise for a long time. We've been here three years, but are moving this summer to St. George. We lived there when we first got married. Russ's family is there.
    I don't know the Porter family. That would have been cool.
    So how about you guys? Are you in Sandy for a long time?

    ReplyDelete