Monday, December 10, 2012

Month of November

November is always a fun month.  The first big event was Kelli's birthday, which she had been planning since her last birthday.  She is now 6 years old.  I can't believe it.  Time flies.  I miss how little she used to be.


Kelli got her rainbow colored unicorn dream light that she has wanted for a long time.  They are kind of cool.




Then she got her doctor's kit.  She loves playing pretend doctor.



Kelli wanted brownies and homemade ice cream for her birthday.  It was delicious.  

Next the big birthday party came. Kelli requested a cowboy/cowgirl party.  The kids played panning for gold.  I had 2 big bowls of rice.  I didn't want to get dirt, so I thought rice would work better.  Then I bought some bright and shiny, brand new pennies and some bubble gum coins.  I put holes in the bottom of the plastic bowls so the rice would go through and not the coins.  This was a hit.  The kids loved it.

Next they played "there's a snake in my boot."  The kids had to guess which boot had the snake in it.  In return they got snakes as a prize.

Next they played lasso the cowboy rubber duckies.  They got the rubber duckies after they played.  I used pool rings for the lasso.

Next they played musical snake.  Kelli had a stuffed snake.  The game was like musical chairs except you pass around a snake.  I played country music.  When the music stopped, whoever was holding the snake had to go to jail.  The prize for this game was more rubber snakes.  

Next was cake and ice cream. 



The whole group.  




Also in November, Kelli lost her first tooth.  She was so brave when her daddy pulled it out.  



Another thing that happened, was Kelli sprained her ankle in gymnastics.  Carson felt bad that he wasn't injured so I wrapped up his head.  Glad he really wasn't hurt that way.    














2 comments:

  1. I don't know why I haven't seen this post yet. I've seen the update on my blog forever but for some reason I thought I had already seen it. Anyway, I can't believe how old Kelli is getting! You always go all out on parties too. I think I'll hire you to be my party planner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big your kids are! We need to get together sometime. I love reading about your family (I have been a super slacker and haven't blogged for a long time or read any ones updates). I hope all is well for you.

    ReplyDelete