Monday, August 13, 2012

The Count of Monte Cristo

I just finished reading probably the longest book in the whole world, the Count of Monte Cristo, which was about 3500 pages on my ipad.   I just loved this book.  I can see why so many people hated the movie.  I loved the movie, I think only because I saw it before I read the book.  Now that I have read the book, it makes sense to me why so many people hated the movie.  The movie is completely different than the book.  And the book is wwaaaaaaayyyyy better than the movie.  Anyway, have any of you read the Count of Monte Cristo, (long version)?  If so, what did you think?

2 comments:

  1. 3,500 pages??? Holy cow!! That's quite the undertaking. I hated the movie, but not because I read the book first. It just isn't my sense of humor. How long did it take you to read that thing? I read 500 page books all the time. So I guess with 7 books, I've read 3,500 pages. It just seems like a ton! I just can't imagine what that sucker would look like. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the book. I think I read the abridged version, though....

    ReplyDelete