Monday, July 25, 2011

The Past Month

I have been extremely busy the past month. I apologize because I haven't been on anyone's blog to see how you all are doing, nor have I posted for a long time, so here is a little update.

On the weekend of June 25th, my husband and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary. We had the opportunity to stay at his parent's cabin. My in-laws bought a cabin recently which has been awesome for us and the rest of the family. Here is the beautiful cabin.


We spent the weekend, fly fishing, riding four wheelers and enjoying all the wildlife.


A day doesn't go by where you don't see a deer hanging out by the cabin. One of the mornings, we pulled up to the cabin and there was a deer sleeping right under the deck.


The next weekend, July 4th, we went to Gunnison to enjoy the celebration. Kelli and her cousin ready for the parade and the candy.


Carson enjoying the parade from his stroller.


Look who came to the small town of Gunnison.


After the July 4th festivities, we went up the mountains, had a picnic and went fishing. It was a blast!


The next weekend, I went back down to Gunnison to hang out with my parents and my brother and his wife and kids. On one of the days my brother and I took Kelli and his 2 older kids and we went rock climbing. Kelli climbed for the first time and she quite enjoyed it.


And she learned how to come down the right way.


Also, during the month of July, Kelli has been involved in swimming lessons. She has absolutely loved it! She is my little fish. Kelli can now move for about 10 feet through the water with her face in the water. I am quite impressed with how long she can hold her breath. She can float on her back and belly all by herself. She just loves to swim. It's a very good thing.

Kelli looks deep in thought in this picture.


Carson has figured out how fun it is to open cupboards and how neat everything is inside. I am considering buying baby proof stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun!! I love little get-a-ways like that! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok did you have pajama pants that were the same exact material as Carson's monkey blanket? I swear you did! Kelli looks so cute rock climbing. What a fun mom you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. life sounds really good! i love that you taught kelli to rock climb!

    ReplyDelete