Monday, May 2, 2011

9 Months



I can't believe it is 9 months since my baby was born! I feel like I am counting the months wrong. Time sure flies. Yesterday was Carson's 9 month birthday. A lot has changed since 6 months.


Carson has just started crawling. He can do the knee to hand crawling movement about 5 to 10 times. Now I have to keep an eye on him constantly because he goes for everything. I am glad that he isn't as quick as Kelli was because he would almost be walking now and that is too much for me to think about right now.

Carson now has 4 front teeth and 2 bottom teeth. For a while he looked like a vampire because just the 2 side teeth were in and not the front 2. But now the front 2 are through so he no longer looks like a vampire. I am amazed at how much teeth he has which kind of presents a problem, because he grinds his teeth. This next picture makes me a little sad.


You're probably wondering why it makes me sad. We had to move the crib mattress down. There were a few times I went into his room to get him out of his crib after he woke up and he was sitting up. I was worried that he would be able to pull himself over the railings, so for safety reasons, the mattress went down.

Carson is now a good sleeper, thanks to the book, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." It has been a life saver for me. Carson now sleeps all through the night. He goes to bed at 7:30 and wakes up at 6:30.

I am still Carson's favorite person. He can only handle 10 minutes tops on the ground playing by himself, then he needs me to hold him. Oh well, I know that when he gets older, he won't be like that anymore.

Carson loves to eat. He will eat anything I put in his mouth as long as it is not baby food. I guess he just likes more texture and something to chew up.

I just love you to death Carson. You are so much fun and I am grateful every day to have you in my life.


7 comments:

  1. What a sweet little guy! He looks so much like you, Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlee, Carson is such a cute little boy:) I am going to read the book you suggested about sleeping. Ian still wakes up about 5 times a night:( -Andy

    PS. I removed my last comment because one of the sentences didn't make sense...It has been a long day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute guy! I am glad he's sleeping. Sleep deprivation is so awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is such a cutie!! I love that age! It's one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete